Attorney Juvenile Division

The Juvenile Division manages cases related to those under the age of 18.

The Juvenile Division of the Pottawattamie County Attorney’s Office handles cases of children in need of assistance (CINA), termination of parental rights, delinquencies (offenses committed by children under the age of 18, that if committed by an adult would be considered a crime), truancy, and juvenile mental health and substance abuse committal proceedings.

In CINA and termination proceedings the County Attorney represents the Iowa Department of Human Services. In delinquency, truancy, and mental health/substance abuse proceedings the County Attorney represents the people of Pottawattamie County. The County Attorney cannot advise nor represent individuals in child custody matters, or file paperwork to emancipate minors.

Helpful Links

To report suspected child abuse please call Child Protective Services at 1-800-362-2178. For related information, please visit the following websites:

For mental health or substance abuse committals, please contact the Pottawattamie County Clerk of Court at 712-328-5861.


Eric D. Strovers, Assistant County Attorney
Emily A. Grothe, Assistant County Attorney
Jolene Huerta, Legal Assistant

Phone (712) 328-5649
Fax: (712) 328-5753
Hours 8:00am to 4:30pm
Monday - Friday

Closed Daily from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Location Pottawattamie County Courthouse
Fifth Floor
227 S 6th St
Council Bluffs, IA 51501