Office open to the public
Our office is taking significant steps to make sure the building is as clean as possible. The public has the option whether or not they would like to wear a mask. We ask that you call the Office at 712-328-5797 if you would like to schedule an appointment before coming to the building.
Key Services & Resources
The services we provide include completion of forms, referrals, follow-up services, assistance as needed, free of charge to veterans and their dependents. Our caseworkers are nationally accredited by the Federal Department of Veteran Affairs.
The Commission of Veteran Affairs Department provides two programs:
VETERAN RELOCATION INCENTIVE PROGRAM
The Pottawattamie County Veteran Relocation
Incentive Program was created to encourage
Veterans to move within the county. The program is
available to Honorably Discharged U.S. Veterans. If you're interested please fill out this application and send it to email@example.com.
- Holly Collins | Chairwoman ARMY (Term 7/1/2019 thru 6/30/2022)
- Brad Powell | Secretary NAVY ( Term 7/1/2021 Thru 6/30/2024)
- Mick Guttau | Member ARMY (Term 7/1/2020 thru 6/30/2023)
- Brittany Rockwell | Member ARMY (Term 7/1/2021 Thru 6/30/2024)
- David Hazlewood | Member MARINE CORPS (7/1/2021 Thru 6/30/2024)
Veteran Affairs Staff:
- Margarita Dooley | Director
- Peggy Becker | Case Worker III
- Paul Rosenberg | Case Worker II
- Randy Markel | Case Worker I
- Sam Pettit | Administrative Assistant
This site is intended as a place to remember and honor American service members lost in Afghanistan and Iraq.
There is a profile for each service member based on available information. Obituaries received from Legacy.com newspaper affiliates are also included. Information is updated daily. In addition, there is a Guest Book for each service member. All Guest Book entries are free and are posted after being reviewed for appropriate content.
Home Base Iowa’s mission is to provide veterans and transitioning service members and their families with opportunities and benefits for a successful transition in Iowa — a place to call home. Visit their website to learn more about those opportunities in Pottawattamie County.
Pottawattamie Commission of Veteran Affairs Updates:
Fax: (712) 328-5726
Monday - Friday
623 6th Ave
Council Bluffs, IA 51501